At two years old, Evie:
- loves to play at the park
- plays with her stuffed animals and pretends to feed them, change their diaper, etc.
- says full sentences!
- knows her colors and shapes, and she can count to 5!
- mimics everything we say. My favorite is "oh gosh" and "look at that!"
- loves blues clues and "sings" along with the songs
- along this same line, she is constantly trying to "skadoo" into her coloring book
- actually kind of likes her baby brother. She calls him baby Emmett and gets super concerned when he's crying
- is still an incredibly big eater. I don't know where she puts it all.
She is so sweet and so much fun to be around. She loves to play with her dad the most of all, and I can't say I blame her. Recently she's wanted to watch more big kid movies, so I let her watch The Emperor's New Groove, and now she says "no touchy" and "awesome". Haha. That's my girl.
She no longer throws tantrums at the drop of a hat and is actually a really great helper for me. Watching her grow up has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. How did I get so lucky?
Opening her present from Grandma Christensen
She was super excited about the coloring, painting, and stickers book
|For her birthday dinner, we had noodles and chicken. Two of Evie's favorite things.|
|I just thought this was cute. She loves to talk to him.|
So, this was the world's ugliest cake, but she loved the frosting anyway
|"oh no! mess!"|
|Opening presents from mom and dad|
She got a dry erase coloring book and another drawing pad that uses water. She was very excited.
She got a whole bag of clothes, but she was not as excited about that. The little bag had a whole lot of bouncy balls, which went over a lot better than the clothes.
I can't believe it's been 2 years already! We seriously can't imagine life without our Evelyn Louisa. She has brought so much joy and love into our lives already, so I'm excited to see what this next year brings.