Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

This year, Dan really out did himself with Mother's Day. It was exceptional. On Saturday, he made me take the whole day off. He kicked me out of the house and noon and wouldn't let me come back until after dinner. So, I went to lunch with my good friend, Jeanette, and then we shopped for a while downtown. That was a lot of fun. It's always nice to just sit and chat and do some girly things. After I dropped her off, I went to the px and wandered around for a bit, bought myself some sandals, and then got a pedicure. My friend, heather, met up with me afterwards and we had dinner. Love her. That was also so much fun cause we just sat and talked without any kid interruptions. When I did finally come home, the kids were already bathed and in bed and Dan was baking brownies. No joke. 

Here's the story about the brownies:

In every ward/branch we've ever been in, the elders quorum does something great for Mother's Day, but this branch wasn't doing anything, so Dan took it upon himself to make food for all the women. He enlisted to help of the young men and Tim wood, so together they made lots of yummy treats and hanji crafts to hand out to the mothers. It was super sweet of them and we all loved being able to be together for relief society and enjoy food that was prepared for us. 

Seriously, I have the sweetest husband in the world. 

On Sunday, evie and Dan brought me breakfast in bed and Dan did EVERYTHING to get the kids ready so that I could just relax. I took a long shower and did my hair fancy and everything. It was glorious. After church, he took the kids on a walk so I could take a nap and then he made dinner. 

I don't know what I ever did to deserve him, but I'm sure happy he chose me. 

I am so blessed to be a mother to two amazing children. I could not be happier that Heavenly Father trusted me to raise these sweet spirits, and I'm trying my best everyday to make sure they know how much they are loved. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you had a great two days! You're a wonderful mamma to two adorable little kiddos! You deserve it! (oh! and 10 points to Dan for the brownies!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...