Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where are all my socks?

This is the question that has been plaguing me all week. I'm doing laundry right now, but even so, I'm fairly certain I won't find any more socks than I had once the laundry is done. It is so frustrating! I might resort to wearing Dan's socks, which is fine, but they just aren't as cute as my striped knee socks or my valentine's day socks. Oh well...

Today has been a busy day. I went to class at 9:30 and then went to work until noon, got off work, went to the bank and then came home. Once I got home I just started cleaning. Our apartment has gotten to the point where even I find it a little un-livable. So, I cleaned the living/dining room, did the dishes, took out the trash, dusted everything, and now I am doing the laundry. I will tackle the bedroom and bathroom soon, I just need a little break because.... Duh Duh Duh!!! I think I'm getting sick....again.
Ridiculous right? I haven't been sleeping well for the past couple of nights, so I'm exhausted all the time, which may be why I am getting sick. I'm not completely over my mono just yet, so it is probably just that coming back for revenge because I am not sleeping. Super.

Dan is at school until 5 today. I don't remember why cause I was still half asleep when he said his goodbye's this morning... maybe something about a horse? I dunno. But, he's doing really well. He played basketball last night and can't wait for indoor soccer season to start. He also has 2 tests next week, which is a real bummer, so he's studying like crazy. Other than that, we just watch movies and cuddle most of the time.

I gave a talk on Sunday on Hope, and I think it actually turned out really well. I felt the spirit while I was giving it (so I cried, which was embarrassing) and Dan and a lot of others told me it was good. So, I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm mostly glad it's over because I HATE talking in church. I am an extremely introverted person, so getting up in front of a ward as big as mine is almost as bad as going to the dentist. Almost.

This semester is looking pretty good for me. It will be by no means an easy semester, but it's totally doable. I just have to make sure to stay on the ball and keep up with all of my reading, because omg, there is a TON of reading. Speaking of which, I have to go and catch up on some of that.

4 comments:

  1. I would give a million talks if I could never see another physician again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time, I'll write your talk for you. Then you can pretend you're an actress giving your lines and maybe it won't seem so scary :)

    Now get some sleep and Chris and I will pray you get better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE giving talks as well and even with the state of my teeth the way they are I think I would rather go to the dentist.
    By the way I like your solutions for my sleeping, I don't know if Dan is part of the problem for your sleep but I bet he wouldn't mind getting kicked off the bed either.
    Hope you feel better, a clean place will help I bet - at least a few less things that will be on your mind so you can focus on health and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just like you with socks- I cannot UNDERSTAND why I'm always missing socks- when you put two in a hamper, then the load, two should come out!!!! Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...