Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day

March '08


This will be Dan and I's third Valentine's Day together, but the first one as a married couple. I wish that we could do more to celebrate this year, but we just don't have the money. Sad. So, on Sunday I am going to make pork chops and eclair cake and it is going to be delicious. Plus, we are going to get out our super fancy glasses from our wedding and drink sparkling cider, cuddle, and watch a romantic movie. So, it will be a lot of fun.

Our first Valentine's Day ('08) went a little something like this:
We had only been dating for about 2 or 3 months, Dan was in his first year of vet school and was studying like a crazy person. We didn't get to go out or do anything on the actual day because he had a huge test the next day, so he was cramming for it. So, he came over to my apartment for a fifteen minute break to see me and to wish me a happy valentine's day. And then, as he was leaving, he gives me a card and pretty, little, red box. At this point, I am thinking oh no please don't propose to me, but he wasn't. Inside the box was a beautiful silver and diamonds necklace. It was the perfect first V-day, except for the not actually getting to spend time with him. He was planning on kissing me that night for the first time too, so that it would be even more romantic and we would both be able to remember the exact date that we first kissed, but I had a cold so he didn't. He did kiss me a couple weeks later, but that's another story,



Our second Valentine's Day ('09):
By the second V-day we were engaged and quite a bit more serious than last time, and we had been kissing for a while, so no pressure there. :) Dan was in his second year of vet school and still studying just as hard, but as luck would have it, he was able to spend most of the evening with me anyway. I made steak and potatoes and bought a red velvet cake for desert and then we watched a movie. It was a lot of fun. Dan almost cried he was so excited about the steak. I went into my room for something during dinner and on my pillow I found this:

I thought it was a really cute, thoughtful gesture of love, not as romantic as a necklace, but still adorable. By this point we were both very poor because we were trying to pay for a wedding and semi-honeymoon, but we made it work.

So, That is the story of our Valentine's Days

3 comments:

  1. loved reading your stories! both v.days are very sweet! and dan sounds like such a great husband. i loved meeting him when you guys were here, but i wish you were closer so i could get to know him better!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No biggie Brit, Blaire and I will be having our 4th ILuv Day as a married couple and we're just going to get a bucket of wings and watch a movie at home. I love my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan almost cried over steak? That's cute. We're having wings and i think that choked Chris up a bit too. He's lucky i love him so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...