Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thinking...is tricky

While we were in Dallas I had great opportunities to talk with Jill and catch up on things. It's really a lot of fun to have a sister that is so much older because that means she's also much wiser and has been through everything I am going/going to go through. She married Kyle when she was 21, and I married Dan when I was 21, so that's kinda fun. She's been married for 10 years and so I really respect her advice and insights. Jill gave me her old maternity clothes, which is awesome, so at least I have a bit of a head start in shirts and capris, but I still have nothing to wear in the winter. Oh well, future Britany can deal with that.

So, as I was talking to Jill it hit me just how differently my life is turning our from the way I planned it. Not in a bad way at all, just totally different. When I was in high school I made a five year plan for myself that consisted of graduating college and either continuing on to graduate school or scoring an amazing job at a publishing house in some major city. I had no intention of getting married until I was at least 26, if at all, and had no real desire to have children. Boy, has that whole thing changed a lot. So here I am with these big dreams and big plans and BAM! here come Dan. The moment I met him I knew he was different and I knew I was going to date him. Dan ruined all my plans and I couldn't be more thankful. Now I know that I want a big family and I want to be a stay at home mom that my kids can rely on. What I've learned from this is that obviously Heavenly Father knows us far better than we know ourselves and if we go forward with faith and do what He has asked of us, we will be so much happier than if we do whatever we want.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the fact that the Lord knows us so well he knows exactly what to send our way. My life has turned out way better than I could have planned for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...