Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, July 27, 2009

Stevo

Oh boy do I have a story! My mom and I went down to Nauvoo this past Thursday and Friday for one of my best friend's wedding. It was amazing. I love Nauvoo. We came back to my apartment on Friday and my mom stayed the night. Well, my mom snores, so I was sleeping on the couch. No biggie. Until I woke up because of a clap of thunder and decided that I was uncomfortable so I started walking back to the bedroom when all the sudden something hits my head. So, at this point I'm thinking what the heck? I continue walking forward assuming that I am just tired and delirious when I feel wind in my face and something flies over my head. At this point I know i'm not just tires and delirious. Before you ask, no I didn't scream. Words can't describe how proud I am of how not scared I was. So I go back into the bedroom, sit down on the bed, wake up my mom, and tell her that we have a bat in my apartment. She freaks and opens the door just a crack so see if she can see it. Surely enough, little Stevo is still flying around the living room and she saw him too. The next morning we looked everywhere for him, but we couldn't find him. Oh well right? On Saturday night I left my bedroom door shut and all the lights on in the rest of the apartment, so I never saw him. When I went to church on Sunday I left all the lights off in the apartment out of habit, so guess who I found when I got home from church? None other than my little bat friend Stevo. He was hanging from the ceiling against a wall. Cute little guy. I see him when I walk him, freeze momentarily, back up a little, and call Dan. Poor Dan is trying to tell me the proper way of catching a bat and wanting to make sure I put gloves on and cover up my exposed skin. I think he may have even asked me if I had a snow suit. I don't, by the way. After opening the front door and throwing things at him failed, I called our good friend James to come and help me. James succeeded in trapping Stevo and we rejoiced thinking the whole thing was over. Boy was I wrong. I guess I don't know my Husband quite as well as I should. Dan insisted that we bring Stevo to the vet school to get it checked for rabies. At this point, I'm pretty upset. He has sufficiently scared me to tears talking about rabies and how I didn't even need to be bitten by a bat to get it and because he's been in the apartment for a couple days it's good to check. So, we take Stevo to the vet school thinking that I am going to die a slow and painful death from rabies, which isn't probably true, and we're a little shaken up, James, Steph, and I that is. I haven't heard from the lab yet whether or not Stevo has potentially killed me, but I seriously doubt it. The moral of the story is this: Don't marry a man who is going to be a vet because if you ever come in contact with any animal, inevitably he will tell you about some disease said animal is probably carrying and will make you worry and run lab tests. On the other hand, he is gone which makes him more protective, and I actually find it cute. Mostly.

This is our little Stevo. He's sleeping. No matter what I threw at him he didn't wake up.


This is James being my hero. Stephanie was waiting outside because she's pregers and Dan scared us all so bad about rabies that we wouldn't let her come in.


Dan comes home tomorrow!!!!
And have I mentioned lately how much I hate this apartment? 10 fold now. Yay we're moving on Friday!

6 comments:

  1. That did make me giggle. It also made me happy that I just have to deal with the occasional giant spider and not bats with rabies. Although I did find a ginormous black (according to Justin just regular garden variety spider, like that makes it better) spider walking out under Ellie's door the other night. We both saw each other and froze for a minute and then took off in opposite directions. Don't worry your pretty head, I took off to get a shoe and I got him. Still better than bats though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAH! Stevo obviously knew the best time to make his presence known to you was right after you wake up...you still win the cookie for most pleasant person to wake up in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story! I'm glad no one was injured, except maybe the bat who had to be rabies tested :)

    Way to keep your cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Words can't describe how proud I am of how not scared I was." Obviously I'm going through your blog right now.
    :) I love you sister, that's just like me! Well, I mean, if I hadn't screamed. Which I probably would have done, and then followed it up with a thorough wiggle dance cause of the heebie jeebies. I did that when a spider crawled over my bare foot this one time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahhaaa... how have i never read this before?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...