Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Last couple of weeks

So over the 4th of July weekend I got to go down to San Antonio and spend the weekend with Dan. It was amazing and just what we needed. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch on the riverwalk and wandered around the mall after that. We then ordered pizza and watched a movie. A seriously perfect day. The next day we went down for the complimentary breakfast, which was awesome, and then went back to the riverwalk, walked around for a while and watched the new transformers movie. On Sunday we went to church together and then I had to leave. Sad. It was seriously an amazing weekend. For my birthday Dan wrote me a long, sweet letter. It was the best birthday present ever combined with actually being able to be with him and have him read it to me. So nice.

For my actual birthday, my friend Jennifer took me to Worlds of Fun. It was a blast! My mom made me my traditional fried chicken and I ended up getting lots of books. So exciting! I love books and reading. I'm reading Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson that my wonderful mother-in-law sent me.

As most of you know, I was called as assistant camp director. So.... camp was this last week. It was a lot of fun, but mostly it was a lot of work. Looking back on my girls camp experience now I appreciate more what my leaders did for me and how much work they put into it. I think total I got 6 hours of sleep through 3 nights. 2 storms and some girl drama makes for little sleep. But, I'm resting now and feeling great.

Only 17 days until my Husband comes home.

3 comments:

  1. Wait- Was there another storm?? You are brave, girl, and I'm glad you survived the last night. Get as much sleep as you possibly can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great! It's being apart that makes your relationship stronger because you realize you need eachother in so many ways.

    One questions, do you know anyone who's been to a girls camp when it hasn't rained?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha we hardly ever had rain during girls camp while I went except once when it did rain we almost got hit by lightening.
    Hope the days go fast til Dan gets home, I understand how you feel and I know it stinks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...