Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, June 29, 2009

Separation Anxiety

So, Dan has been gone for 3 Sundays now. I'm counting the Sundays and not the weeks for two reason. Reason first: Because he left on a Sunday and Reason second: Because I miss him the most on Sundays. When I finally get through the whole Sunday and it's Monday morning I feel rather proud of myself and mark another horrible day off the calendar. Most days I sit around after work watching Grey's Anatomy on dvd. It's pathetic, I know, but what else is there to do? Seriously, my life is very boring. So, to liven things up a bit, i've been going back and forth from my parent's house in Wichita to my apartment in Manhattan. This has been keeping me busy somewhat and it's been nice to be around people.

On Thursday I'm leaving for Dallas for the 4th of July. Dan's boot camp isn't like other basic training because he's technically in Officer training, so they get that weekend off! So, guess whose going to San Antonio? ME! From Dallas I'll drive down to San Antonio on Friday and spend the weekend with my hubby. We're both super excited about this. This whole being apart thing has been a lot harder than either one of us had anticipated. To make things even worse, Dan is "in the field" this week so I can't talk to him. Lame. I have to take care of all of this super obnoxious car, apartment, and life stuff without him. Stupid.

On a much happier note, my birthday is tomorrow! Yay! Dan's mom sent me a gift which was so awesome and so nice! I really married Dan for his family, lets be honest. They are all so amazing and I just love them. So, that really made my day today.

If you got all the way to the end of this, I applaud you. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. We miss you to so I was thinking that after you see Dan in San Antonio you continue your road trip here, I looked it up and should only take you 24 hours and 30 min. Nothing you can't do in a day and 30 min - really its like a weekend trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg.. Being away from your husband does suck! At least when Ross was gone for a couple months I had him on the weekends. Not nearly as bad. If you get desperate you can come help us pack! Fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get through it, it's things like these that help make your marriage stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...