Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, October 12, 2009

Family



We finally got to go home this last weekend. It was so much fun! I spent the whole day on Saturday hanging out with my mom and shopping. For Sunday my mom was asked to think of an experience to share about her mother in Relief Society. She was having a really hard time. Our lesson in RS was amazing and all about families and stuff and it just made me think about mine a little more. Everyone in my family brings something unique to the table and it just would not be the same without them. Also, it got me thinking about my mom and how thankful I am to have her. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher, role-model, and friend. So, because my mom had to think a lot about her mom, I thought a lot about her. She taught me etiquette, how to cook, how to clean, how to treat others, how to study, how to write, how to be loving, and the list goes on. I can't even describe how much love there was in our home growing up because of my mom and for that I will be eternally grateful. She is my best friend and the person I want to be the most like. She is my hero.

Mom- Mediator and Chores giver

Dad- Story reader and dishes-doer


Chris- Protector and Hugger



Jill- Peace maker and Ego booster


Justin- Comedian and Fight defuser


Lianne- Thoughtful and Forgiver of evils (mostly mine)



I am so thankful for my family. I can't believe how blessed I am. I won't even talk about Dan cause that would be WAY too mushy and gross.

1 comment:

  1. I love your family too and I'm glad i got to marry into such a great group of people.

    BTW - I love you're new pic up top. It's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...