Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Surprise!


So this last weekend was our fall break and General Conference. Needless to say, we were really excited about it. The plan was to go to Wichita and spend our long weekend at home with my parents. We were all REALLY excited about it. However, on Thursday I started feeling even more sick than usual, with a fever and everything, but I tried to blow it off. I felt even worse on Friday so Dan made me go to the doctor to see what was up. Low and behold, I had the swine flu. No joke. So, that sucked. Not only was I terribly sick but we couldn't go see my parents because I didn't want to get them sick. So so sad. Apparently because I have mono, my immune system is shot. Because of this I am more prone to get other viruses and infections. Fun right? My loving doctor told me this after we went in, and then added that it was really just a matter of time before I got the flu. Wow, thank you. That would have been nice to know. lol. Anyways, our weekend was just fine though, minus all the sickieness, because Dan really went out of his way to make it fun for me cause I was so bummed about not going home. He is seriously the best husband or man anyone could ask for. We are going home this weekend instead and I plan on not being sick then. Fingers crossed.

Other than that our life is pretty boring and we love it. Dan has been able to play basketball and soccer a lot the last couple of weeks so he's floating on cloud 9 right now. My brother, Justin, and his wife just had another beautiful baby girl named Camryn that I can't wait to meet! If she's anything like Elliette she'll be the most perfect baby of all time.

Oh, in case you were wondering, Dan is definitely not getting sick. We're pretty sure he's immune to the flu. And all other ailments. He's like superman.

3 comments:

  1. im sorry woman. i'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers. feel better soon. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about you and the swine flu and was wondering if it was cause of your mono. I wanted to call but was busy, sorry, hope you are feeling better. I sure wish we could see you guys soon. Good luck with school and your immune system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad Dan isn't becoming a people doctor, you could probably save some money on medical bills :)

    Get better soon though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...