Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sewing

Wow. It's been a long time since I've posted anything. I miss the good ole' days when I was doing the wardrobe challenge and had something interesting to say and post about. Maybe I can come up with another project like that one. My sister-in-law, Blaire, turned me onto this girl's blog about making her own outfits each day. She gets to spend a dollar a day and then makes her outfit from really terrible things she finds at flea markets and stuff. Plus, she is doing this for a whole year. I have spent the last like 2 hours looking at all of her posts and am completely blown away. I wish I knew how to do all the things she can. Someone get me a sewing machine because I am inspired and totally pumped! I want to do something like this, not exactly sewing, but something that will take up my time and will give me a hobby. Any thoughts? In case you're interested in this woman's year adventure look here. I would do another wardrobe challenge, but what's the point? You've already seen all my good stuff. I just want to be crafty and busy. Let me know if you have any ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I bet there are all sorts of challenges you can do! For awhile Phil and I had chef Kathleen night. Every week I had to find a new fancy recipe to try and cook! It was fun! Orrrr I know people who participate in craft card challenges that you could search online for. You could make up your own for something you want to learn to do like learning how to play a new hymn every week on the piano, or painting or something like that!

    That's just my thoughts. I think it would be fun to come up with a challenge to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathleen. I have a friend who is trying a new recipe each week.

    I need to try the same thing once I get married, too.

    OH! I know you don't have a piano...but you can always practice at the Institute. :)

    And ask Becky for painting advices. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...