Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Break from Labor

For Labor Day weekend, I went down to Wichita to stay with the folks. Lianne and Jill also came up, so that was a lot of fun. We left our boys (except Elijah) at home and had a great girls' weekend. Mostly, we just hung out and talked, but on Saturday we did take Eli to Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard, KS. He loved it. He got to feed the lemurs, a giraffe, and some turtles and bunnies. I'm pretty sure the turtles were his favorite. Cute little man. The rest of the weekend was spent with girl talk, movies, and food. All in all, it was an exceptional weekend.

In case you were wondering, I am now 11 weeks along. Our little baby is about the size of a lime now and I am already wondering when is too soon to get maternity clothes because my jeans are getting tight. I think I'll hold off a little longer still. I am noticing some changes in my hair. Apparently that's normal, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. So, I am adjusting to what my hair now thinks is appropriate and am doing okay. Most days I am not sick at all and can eat whatever I want, but then there are other days, like yesterday, when I'm tired and nauseous the whole time. I don't throw up at all, sheer will power I think, so that's a plus. Mostly, I am just exhausted. Only a few more weeks and it should get better! So, that's all about pregnancy.

p.s. I'll post pictures of the weekend later. Too tired to do it now.

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a good labor day weekend! sounds lovely.

    and hope you do start feeling better soon. although that is fabulous to not barf. i was quite the opposite. i felt fine all the time, but then suddenly i would start gagging & have to run to the bathroom. i was all smiles before & after because i really felt fine, but i did barf A LOT. it was weird to need to throw up, but not feel nauseous?! i think i'm weird.

    now that i'm 19 weeks along, i wouldn't even know i was pregnant besides my ever-growing belly and feeling the little lady squirm inside me, so look forward to that-the symptoms disappear. you should just go ahead & get some maternity stuff now, because then when you suddenly need it you will be prepared. i didn't need anything until about 18 weeks, but then it was like BAM & i suffered for a week until a friend loaned me a pair of maternity jeans (my first pair is in the mail!). i also bought the bella band this week from target ($16) & it made things better. it allows you to wear your regular jeans unbuttoned, but i still just prefer dresses & leggings for now. good luck! sorry for the novel! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. what's happening to your hair?! i haven't noticed anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree... starting your search for maternity clothes now would be helpful. They are hard to come by, expensive, and when you need them you need them.

    one option would be to go a couple pants sizes up in nonmaternity clothes initially. Then you wont have to shopping again when you are postpartum, broke, sick of your maternity clothes, and feeling fat.
    ...or maybe thats just me...my entire wardrobe is mocking me as we speak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...