Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trendy

Lianne and Derek are in town for Derek's work, so Lianne and I have been playing all week. Lots of fun! Every time I'm around Lianne, I envy her make-up. I know that sounds weird, but her face and eyes always look stunning and mine are just... blah. So, I am constantly using her make-up while she's here and decided yesterday to get some of my own. Here's the thing though; her make-up is expensive. It works great and when I'm wearing it I feel beautiful, but I cannot afford to spend $100 on make-up. So, here's what I did instead:




Left: MAC Skinfinish Natural Powder Foundation-- $26.00
Right: Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Pressed Powder-- $8.00









Left: MAC Eye Shadow-- $14.50 each. I wanted two different browns
Right: Revlon Colorstay Eye Shadow "In the Buff"-- $6.00







Left: MAC Short Duo Fibre Brush-- $42.00
Not pictured: Almost identical looking brush from Target-- $16.00



Lianne and I were going to drive to Topeka just so I could go buy me some MAC make-up, but I think Dan would have had a heart attack. I have found that these products work just as well for me and I am really loving the way they look. Don't get me wrong, MAC make up is awesome, which is why it's expensive, but if it's out of your price range, like me, and you're looking for something almost as good, I would suggest these.

3 comments:

  1. i use bare minerals foundation (which is also a bit pricey) & love love love love love it! it's amazing.

    but i use mac eye shadow, lip gloss & lipstick & i have to confess that i think its worth the price. don't get me wrong, the revlon shadow duo's are good too, but if you do invest in some mac shadow eventually just remember it will last you FOREVER (i have bought just 1 or 2 a year over the years & still have all of them) & it never rubs off. just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome price comparisons! You're quite the bargain shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I used to use the same combination as you (Bare Minerals Foundation and Mac eye shadow and really loved it) I fell in love with the pressed powder and concealer at Mac just recently. I agree with Jess about the long lasting awesomeness of Mac eye shadows! Great stuff. I tried the revlon shadow duo while I was in Manhattan and sadly I was allergic to it. Brit, you did a great job finding cheaper options! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...