Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yeesh

Today I had to have the gestational diabetes test done, which means that I had to drink an incredibly sugary drink, wait and hour, and then have someone take my blood. It was unpleasant. There is a reason why I only drink diet drinks and stay away from anything too sugary, because it makes my stomach REALLY upset. So, I have been having a rough day today with tummy issues. Oh well. Hopefully I don't have diabetes!

Congratulations to my cousin, Jessica, on her beautiful baby girl! And, Congratulations to Mallorie on her baby boy!! Yay! So many babies this year!

I am now officially in my third trimester. How did that happen? It feels like yesterday that I found out I was having a baby! I just can't wrap my mind around it. Dan and I have been dragging our feet on buying anything for our little girl, not sure why, but as the due date creeps closer and closer I find myself getting more and more anxious. I want to go out and buy diapers and little clothes with matching little shoes, but at the same time I want to keep saving that money for the big stuff. Maybe I'll wait a little longer, until after my baby shower or something. Yikes!

I am glad to be home in my own bed and with my Hubby again. I missed him a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, wait until after your shower- you will get lots of things, and then realize how many things there are for a baby! But my boss always said "All you really need is some diapers and a blanket or two. They can sleep in a drawer with blankets, and they don't need all those fancy clothes." My boss meant that jokingly, but it reminded me that my baby didn't need ever gadget out there (there are SO many!).

    Also- did you know that you can do a similar home test for gestational diabetes? You basically drink orange juice and eat toast in the morning, wait two hours or so, and do a home blood sugar test. The one at the doctor's is pretty miserable, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I HATE, no hate isn't strong enough, I LOATHE the glucose test! I am NOT a fan of liquids that don't taste good and if I have to drink them it's absolutely horrible to my stomach! Thanks for the shout out! I am SO excited to see your baby girl!! I say look through the clearance stuff at Target if you're wanting to buy anything, that way you won't feel so bad buying it before the baby shower haha ... that's what I did at least!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...