Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I've learned so far

  • it takes a lot of patience to breast feed
  • the first week of a baby's life is a constant battle to keep them awake
  • it takes forever to get your baby on a schedule
  • still haven't mastered that one
  • Evelyn won't go down for naps when I lay her in her bassinet
  • she will only fall asleep if I'm holding her to my chest
  • not sure how this happened because I put her down every chance I get
  • she is incredibly cuddly and needy
  • which, I confess, I kind of like
  • so, I'm working on putting her down for naps without cuddling first
  • it's not going so great
  • Evelyn will fall asleep in her car seat as soon as you pick it up
  • so I made an impromptu trip to the grocery store today just so she would fall asleep
  • not sure if this makes me a bad mom or not
  • I could eat all day long and still be hungry
  • in fact, I do eat all day long
  • and I'm hungry right now
  • I have the best husband in the entire world
  • and Evie couldn't ask for a better dad
  • I can't imagine my life without this little one in it anymore
  • because she is my world

7 comments:

  1. I love this. Sounds like you're learning a lot. And I STILL take trips to the grocery store so Zeb will fall asleep (except now he doesn't fall asleep at the store, he falls asleep when he gets home from being so overstimulated) and it does NOT make you a bad mom. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the patience. I am sure you are being a great mom, schedules are hard to get down, but they are lifesavers. I'll have you know I let Jared nap on me for 4 months....that was probably a little extreme but I figured any sleep was well worth it. When I finally put him down it only took about 2 days for him to adjust, granted now he's addicted to the binky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I can learn from this right? Lol it makes me feel better that I don't have to worry about being horrible or something when it's my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything on this post is totally normal! Breastfeeding takes a LOT of patience, especially when they continue to fall asleep. Schedules have been one of the hardest things for me to do. They are very needed, but take time to figure out. Babies naturally want to cuddle and be held to fall asleep. They're so used to being in a nice snug and warm environment and want to continue to be in something like that after they are born. The blankets that are made specifically for swaddling helped me most with Bennett to get him to sleep easier and to be okay with laying in the bassinet during the night and naps. It definitely does not make you a bad mom going to the store to get her to sleep. A momma's gotta do what a momma's gotta do! Eat all you can! You're wanting to eat constantly due to breastfeeding! Take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've gotten a request from Katie B. to tell you (since her phone won't let her write the comment herself)that she loves Evie's green blanket with the trees, and that she might have to steal it (I may or may not have made that last part up). Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mom made it for her! We bought the material at Joanne Fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...