Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, November 10, 2011

now and then














 My sister-in-law asked for some family pictures of us, and as I was going through all of my pictures I marveled at how different everything is now as compared to then. I cannot believe how big my Evie Lou is! How did that happen? Her car seat used to swallow her because she was so small and now the seat belt is moved up to the highest setting. I just can't believe it. I am loving this stage in her life, with all the smiling and giggling, but at the same time I miss the newborn phase when she could barely stay awake and cuddled with me all day long. The only time I get cuddles now is right before and right after naps, not that I am complaining. I love that I have a super curious and intelligent baby and I love that she wants to try new things and explore her world, but at the same time, can't she just stay little forever? I know I'm not the only one who feels this way about their baby. I am certainly not AT ALL ready for another baby right now, but it is kind of sad how fast they grow up.

Those are my thoughts. Enjoy the pictures.

p.s. I am not sad at all to be over the colic baby phase. That was torture. In saying that, I just want to give a shout out to my amazing sister-in-law, Ariel.  Hang in there. I know it seems like it will never end, but it will eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I love how different she looks with her eyes closed and with those dark, curious eyes wide open. They get big so fast! I'm just starting to notice what a monster (size-wise) Katy has turned into!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...