Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, November 24, 2011

turkey anyone?

While I was flying home from Utah on Tuesday, I asked Dan to go to the store and get us a turkey before they were all gone. Apparently I should have been specific about the turkey because Dan came home with a 21lb frozen turkey. What the what? Needless to say, I spent all day thawing that sucker out in the sink. Every 30 minutes I would replace the water and turn it over. This year we were going it alone for Thanksgiving, but we wanted some turkey anyways so I cooked it! For the first time ever! And, you know what? It was delicious. We had some friends over and they helped eat some of that enormous bird, as well as supplied the potatoes and sweet potatoes, but there is still a whole half left. Anyone want any? Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...