Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, April 23, 2009

K-State


Okay, this University could not make me any more mad. Seriously? On Tuesday I went with Dan to the Rec to watch his soccer game. No biggie, we do this EVERY WEEK. So when I get up to the front and they swipe my student ID card that I have had for 3 years, there shouldn't be a problem. right? wrong. Apparently it wasn't working so they sent me to the office. The lady in the office told me that this same ID that i've had my whole college career isn't valid and the numbers don't match, blah blah blah, and have I gotten a new one recently? No, I haven't in case you were wondering. Long story short, I was really upset, she took my card, I stomped back out to the entrance to the Rec where I, not so politely, ask the girl if I could just go in and watch my husband's soccer game. She let me. Some people aren't incompetent. Today I went into the ID center to figure it out and guess who was right? ME!! That lady owes me an ID card.

My professor in Shakespeare sometimes shows films of the plays that we are reading in order to give extra credit. Today he was showing Othello at 4:30, so i'm thinking awesome! extra credit! Apparently the film is rated R, so I emailed him to ask him if there was some alternative thing I could do or if he would be showing any other movies because I don't watch rated R movies, and instead of being understanding and sympathetic he was mean and totally degraded me. What the heck? He told me that it's a college level course so he can't guarantee the rating, and by the way, many students had seen this film and the sexual content was really mild for an R movie. What? I don't care if it's mild for an R movie! It's still in there! ya jerk. Wow, so now I'm done venting. Sorry about that.

Dan and I are both doing well. He has a test tomorrow, so he's cramming right now. I hope we get to actually eat something for dinner. This should be interesting, we haven't been grocery shopping. lol. Other than that, things are pretty dull. EXCEPT! OMG! I forgot! We got our beautiful dark wood dinner table today! Yay!!! One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...