Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, April 5, 2010

Weight Lifting

Last week Dan had two major test and I had a MONSTER paper and a test. It was awful. So, after school on Friday it really felt like this million pound weight had been lifted off of both our shoulders and our marriage. It's amazing how much better your marriage is when you're both not totally stressed out all the time. Wow.

I couldn't be more excited to graduate. I just want to be done! And, the closer I get to graduation the more I lose my motivation. It's terrible, I know. Today I picked up my graduation announcement, cap, and gown that I ordered and then I got even more excited. Although, at the same time, I'm a little nervous. I mean, what am I going to do now that I don't have to go to school? I've been going to school my whole life, so that's a little daunting. Any advice? What should I do next? I would like to get a job in my field, but that's pretty hard to find in Manhattan, KS unfortunately. Any job ideas?

Other than that, we're doing just fine. Dan's white coat ceremony is in two weeks and his parents will be coming down and staying with us for that. We couldn't be more excited. The other night we were talking about where we might end up after Dan finishes school and I got super scared. The Army could send us anywhere! Yikes! I've never lived farther than 2 hours from my parents, and I am completely petrified. Luckily, that won't be for a while yet.

This last weekend we went down to my parent's house for conference and Easter. It was so much fun. I love conference weekend because it's so spiritually uplifting. It really gives me a boost every time to do better and be better. Jill and Elijah were also there over the weekend so that was a blast. Jill and I got to have some quality girl time and Elijah got to play with his best friend "Unca Dan". Cute. So, Happy Easter everyone. I hope your weekend was as great as mine.

5 comments:

  1. Ummm I still miss school a little bit. It's weird to be done. You should just start applying around now. You should check with the Manhattan Mercury first and then be creative about what you can do. I bet there are lawyers or other professionals of the sort that would love to have someone who could thoroughly edit correspondence and legal documents. Oh isn't there also a Manhattan or Flint Hills Magazine? I love you and I'm happy for you that you're graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute, wait a minute!

    Is Dan really in the army???

    Another thing: I totally, TOTALLY understand what you mean about being in school your whole life and then all of suddenly, what do you do?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan is sort of in the Army. He has an Army scholarship that pays for all of his school and in return he has to work for them for 3 years after he graduates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should come to California to celebrate. Yup, that is what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i could have come for conference too :) Congrats on graduating soon - It's quite the accomplishment! Once Dan graduates, i'm going to only call him Dr. Christensen :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...