Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Independence

Can I just say how amazing it is that we get to live in the blessed land? I, for one, feel extremely privileged and am so thankful for our forefathers and their inspiration. That being said, here is how Americans in Kansas celebrate the day we became a free state:

Step 1: Wear Red, White, and Blue all weekend




Step 2: Family, Friends, and Dogs



Step 3: Street wide BBQ



Step 4: Buy an inordinate amount of fireworks


Step 5: Watch the most amazing fireworks show of all time


That's how we roll in America

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's a whole lot of fireworks!

    Love your cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that WAS a ton of fireworks - how fun. :) And I loved all your festive outfits!! I honestly didn't think about it until it was too late... I was bummed.

    It was good seeing you, too, even for just a bit. :) Sorry I wasn't more cordial... I was pretty scatter-brained and a little sleep-deprived (but still, no excuse).

    P.S. Love your sisters picture; sisters are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of these awesome photos, Chris and I are planning to be in KS for the 4th next year! In Utah, if your fireworks leave the ground, you get arrested :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...