Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

4 day weekend


Dan had Friday and Monday off this weekend and we tried to make the most of it. On Friday we went to old time country market and corn maze, pictured below, on Saturday we mostly just hung around the house watching movies and relaxing. Saturday was also sort of a comedy of errors when it came to making dinner.I was trying this new recipe I found and it was really labor intensive, so I was thinking it was going to be really yummy. BUT, while I was frying the chicken the oil splashed me in the face and I now have several small burns on my face around my eyes, and then the oven caught on fire, and the pasta almost burned, and the meal didn't even taste that great. Sigh. So, on Sunday Dan helped me cook dinner (tacos) by making tortillas. Have you ever had homemade tortillas? Yum. He used to make them all the time on his mission in Russia, so he made them for me and it was a lot of fun.




is he not the most handsome man you've ever seen?

On Monday we went to a pumpkin patch and got ourselves some pumpkins! We've always been really bad about decorating and celebrating holidays, but now that we have Evie we're trying to make more of an effort. Dan picked the biggest pumpkin he could find, Evie was indifferent as usual, and we all had fun. 



Excuse the no make up please

just missed the smile

this is her new thing; sucking on her lower lip



1 comment:

  1. I just had the BEST time looking at all your recent pictures and reading your blog entries. I'm so glad you have this blog -- it makes us feel like we're right there with you! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...