Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Something needs to change

I went to bed at 9pm last night. Yeah.... Does that make me old and boring? Probably. But Evie Lou and I went on a walk yesterday and in order to get the stroller up and down the stairs outside I had to carry the whole thing with her in it. Needless to say, my back was hurting A LOT by the time Evie went to bed last night, so I took a tylenol PM and hit the hay. She has been waking up around 3 or 4 every night. What is that about? Should I feed her? Let her cry it out? I don't know what to do. She wakes up completely upset with real tears and everything. Last night I let her cry for like half an hour and she still didn't go back to sleep so I just fed her. Good thing I went to bed so early or I wouldn't have gotten any sleep last night. Oy vei.

Also, I'm thinking something needs to be done about all of Evie's things. I would like to take our living room back and not have it constantly overrun with Evelyn's toys and things. Any ideas? I would have it all in her room, but she won't play without someone in the room with her and being in her room all day everyday doesn't sound like fun to me. Thoughts? I just need a change. I'm trying to decorate our home and make it feel like a house instead of a college dorm, but having a baby makes that a tad difficult. So, if you have any organizational ideas I would really appreciate it.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe you could divide up her toys and start a rotation with which ones get to be in the living room? That way she'll have some, but not all of them will be cluttering the house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have toys in the living room too and it can be messy, but I found a good way to hide them when we aren't playing. I bought a big basket from ikea and I keep it in the coffee table, under the top of it ( does that make sense?) anyways it's just full of toys. When she wants to play I pull it out and she pulls all the toys out and when she is done I just throw them back in and put it away :) no one can even tell the basket it full of toys, it looks like decor. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just put the jumper away and that helped a lot. we also do the basket thing. I would look online at ikea, because they have so many wonderful storage ideas. you could use the shelf you have with the baskets in it.

    about evie getting up in the middle of the night, I wouldn't feed her because then it will become a habit. I would let her cry for a lil and then try re raping and rocking her til she is calm again then put her back in her crib. it will be tough for a few days maybe even longer but if you keep responding she will continue to do it. I hope that make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when babies are going through a growth spurt they do need another feeding. If she's going at least 6 hours before waking up, and then she'll go back to sleep again after nursing, I would think it's ok to nurse her then.

    Sorry your back still hurts. This will be a long recovery with lots of ups and downs. Be careful. We continue to pray for your back every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a firm believer in making her feel secure in you as mom. When she wakes up you can either wait ten min then go get her or go in and try feeding last. It depends on you. I didn't start the whole waiting thing until she was about 9 months. They go through periods where they wake up randomly. Teething, gas, dreams, growth sports...all wake them up. And any changes. Its nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...