Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, May 14, 2012

blog challenge: day 2/ Mother's Day

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.  ~Abraham Lincoln
Mother's Day is such a great day because it gives us the opportunity to lavish our mothers with affection and gifts. I have so much to be thankful for on a day like today. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be a mother. What a great gift and a great responsibility. I take comfort in knowing that heavenly father would not have sent Evelyn to me if he didn't think I could take care of her the way she deserves. I think he has more faith in me than I do, though. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who made me dinner so that I wouldn't have to, and also did the dishes. Be still my heart! He can only cook a handful of things, and one of those things is steak, so I got an enormous steak for mother's day. I swear, it was as big as my head. I am thankful for our sweet stake president who is so in tune with the spirit that he always seems to know exactly what I need to hear at that moment to lift me up and make me feel special. I am so, so thankful for our ward and the wonderful people in it. This ward really goes all out for mother's day. We each got a giant symphony chocolate bar, which are my absolute favorite, and had all the young women and elder's quorum take care of all the classes so we could go to Sunday school and Relief Society. It was great. During Relief Society, the bishop and stake president gave talks about how amazing we are, then they fed us all kinds of yummy treats. I certainly felt special and loved, so mission accomplished. I loved mother's day this year and I feel so loved and appreciated.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...