Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, May 7, 2012

stake conference

We had our stake conference yesterday, which is usually pretty great, but this one was made exceptional by one Russell M. Nelson presiding over the meeting. I was so excited to see him and get a good seat that I made us leave a full two hours before we needed to. Lucky I did too, because that house was packed to capacity. We were only four rows away from that amazing apostle and I was thrilled. Over joyed. That is the closest I have ever been to a general authority. The spirit and the love you can feel coming from that man was astounding. He was all smiles and kind words. At the beginning of his talk he had all the children stand where they were and sing the hymn, "I am a child of god". It was breathtaking. He then went on the instruct us on how to raise our children in the gospel and how to be better parents. What an amazing talk, and at a time I needed it the most. That is an experience I am sure I will never forget.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Yay Elder Nelson. So impactful to hear an apostle speak right in front of you. And good for you getting there 2 hours early! Sounds like something I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...