Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Monday, June 6, 2011

two months

you're two months old and you...
  • have a huge head. 90th percentile.
  • weigh over 10lbs
  • take 3 good naps a day
  • smile constantly
  • love to be swaddled
  • hate being alone
  • can only sleep on your side or tummy
  • have abandoned your cradle for your bouncer
  • make me laugh
  • have taught me patience and endurance
  • sleep through the night
  • are too long to wear newborn onesies anymore
  • love your binky
  • are exceptional in every way

Near the end of my pregnancy people were always saying things like, "enjoy this time now because everything is going to change", or "get some sleep now because you won't once the baby is born", and my favorite, "once that baby is here you two won't have any time together, so enjoy it while it lasts". Well sweetie, I have to say that I 100% disagree with all of this. I'm glad everything changed. I love my life the way it is. I didn't sleep at all near the end of my pregnancy because I was so uncomfortable, so it's not like I get any less sleep now. In fact, I think I actually get more now. I thought I loved your dad before, but it's nothing compared to how much I love him now. From the moment he held you in his arms, he was wrapped around your finger. You have made us love each other more and made our marriage even better. I love my little 2 month old girl. I have never been more tired, frustrated, or busy in my life, but I wouldn't change a thing.

you're two months old and I adore everything about you. Thank you for coming into my life and making me realize how much I was missing.

1 comment:

  1. You rock my socks, Britany. I hope I'm as good a mama as you are

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...