Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby Update


Evie and I went to the doctor yesterday for her 2 month check up and she cried the entire time we were there. This is kind of a big deal because every other time I've gone there, complaining about her crying all day long, she doesn't cry AT ALL. Seriously little girl? So, I don't think they believed me about her being fussy, but they sure saw it yesterday. To add some insult to injury, she had to get her 2 month shots. Poor thing. She cried so hard her face turned red and she could hardly breathe. I felt so bad for her! So, I spent the majority of last night cuddling with my little girl trying to make her feel better. I asked the doctor while we were there what else we could do about her being fussy because he and I are both completely at a loss as to why she cries all the time. He said he doesn't think she's colicky because she sleeps fine at night, so he gave us a new prescription for a different acid blocker that's a lot more intense than the Zantac stuff. I gave it to her this morning, so we'll see how today goes and whether this will work or not. Fingers crossed! Honestly, if this doesn't work then I just have no idea what else to do. I don't eat dairy, spicy food, caffeine, or chocolate anymore. Cutting diet Dr. Pepper and chocolate out of my diet is heart breaking, but what can you do? Even without all these things, she's still fussy, which makes me think it isn't me.

We're back in Manhattan for right now because I have to start packing and throwing things out, then after that comes the epic cleaning. I am glad to be home because I sure missed my bed and Evie really missed her swing. Seriously, that thing has been a life saver. She can sit in there and swing, watching the mobile and listening to the music for a solid hour. Yay! Constant motion folks, that's the key.

So, here's hoping the new medicine works and that I can get everything packed before we move in 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything but could she still be lactose intolerant even if you stop eating dairy food? Just a thought. I've heard some babies are lactose intolerant and some doctors have special formula that doesn't affect them. Have you thought to ask your doctor that?

    I'm sorry you're going through this. :( I'm sure I will face that one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing all the right things. Glad you are checking with the doctor regularly. Just remember, she's growing, she's progressing, she's well taken care of, she's loved, she's actually thriving in spite of all the crying. One day she'll realize how lucky she was to have such a good mom while she was busy being a little stinker. Give her a kiss for Grandma, and keep on hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...