Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Friday, May 28, 2010

these are my confessions



1. I am totally obsessed with Mr. Darcy, and Pride and Prejudice as a whole, but mostly Mr. Darcy. I have been in love with him for as long as I can remember. Yes, he is a completely fictional character and I totally understand that. Don't be alarmed, I'm not one of those crazy nut jobs, I promise. But, I do read Pride and Prejudice every year, I own both the 8 hour BBC and new 2009 version of the movie, and I buy and read any book that has anything to do with the after-the-wedding Lizzy and Darcy story. Yeah, it's embarrassing. I own two books dedicated to Darcy's point of view for the story of Pride and Prejudice, and then like... 4? books dedicated to telling the "rest of the story". It's a problem and I understand it, but come on. Who doesn't have a crush on a fictional character right? At least it isn't Edward Cullen or Jacob Black (no offense to anyone out there).

2. I own entirely too many dresses. I realized this fact this morning when I was trying to decide what to wear and noticed that my dresses take up more room in my closet than my shirts. I am obsessed. I cannot help myself! If I see a dress I like, I just have to get it. Some women are this way with shoes or something else, and I am like this with dresses. What can I say? I look good. ;)

3. I am completely hopeless when it comes to medicine. Let me explain: half a Benadryl will knock me out cold for a whole day. NyQuil will keep me "drunk" and drowsy for at least 12 hours. Non-drowsy cold medicine will knock me out for a couple hours at least. See what I mean? Hopeless. I took HALF a Benadryl last night cause I had allergies so bad and then I slept for 10 hours. Without moving. Or waking up at all. I am now sitting here, barely awake, and totally groggy. It's a little sad

4. I wish I could be Tina Fey. Or, at the very least, meet her. She is a powerful, strong, successful, and hilarious woman and I really look up to her. Amazing.

5. My favorite new thing lately is buying cute tanks (cause that's all they're selling now) and coupling them with cute little half jacket things. Who says garments have to cramp your summer style?

6. I am such a nervous person that it could be considered a handicap. I could probably get a parking sticker out of it.

7. I would rather spend all day watching movies with Dan than do anything else on the planet

8. I want to go to New Zealand so badly that I ache for it. Seriously.

9. I am more than a little obsessed with Sara Lee's Classic Honey Wheat Bread. Oh wow. I eat slice after slice with nothing on it for a snack. Love! In fact, I'm eating some right now. Yum.

10. I am secretly enjoying being a trophy wife and taking care of Dan while he is so busy. This will probably fade after a while and it helps that I do have a semi-regular, sort-of, kind-of job that I get paid for. But, for all intense and purposes, I am a trophy wife. It's the life. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your confessions. Can I confess that I think you're awesome?

    I have to say that I am a medicine wimp as well. That's why I'm scared to use meds when I have a baby-- what if I can't wake up for 2 days?!? hahaa.

    We had to stop buying Sara Lee Honey Wheat bread, because I could eat a loaf in a day and a half. :)

    Keep the posts coming! They are so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...