Quote

“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one’s companion”
-President Hinckley

Saturday, March 6, 2010

fifteen


gray turtleneck shirt from Target, red and white polka dot dress from Anne Taylor Loft, gray leggings from somewhere, black Crocs

Today is "Fake Patty's Day" here in Manhattan, so Dan and I have done everything we need to do outside of our apartment already. Let me explain. St. Patrick's Day is during our Spring Break, so the Saturday before spring break everyone wears green, goes to Aggieville, and gets incredibly drunk, all in the name of St. Patrick. Apparently, a long time ago, someone decided that it sucked that everyone was gone on another holiday that is just an excuse to drink, so now they have a "fake" holiday. There are T-shirts and everything. It's no joke. Dan and I don't live too far from Aggieville, so we plan on staying indoors for the remainder of the evening because all the crazies are out right now. We went to get Dan's haircut and then ate at Old Chicago for dinner and on our drive to Great Clips we saw 4 completely hammered individuals and it was only 3:30 in the afternoon. Seriously. That's what you get for living in a college town I guess.

I hope you all enjoy your Saturday! I will be reading and watching movies... by myself... because Dan has to study for his test on Monday. Awesome.

p.s. In case you were wondering, I am wearing this dress because it's light and comfortable and jeans just didn't seem "spring-y" enough for me. Also, today is my halfway mark, so I thought I would make it special. Only 15 more days to go!

p.s.s. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it another 15 days cause I'm running out of ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, Fake Patty's Day. I saw people out drinking at 10:00 am this morning. Really, people?

    Love the cute spring look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany! I just found your blog from one of your comments on Kate Hawkins' blog and decided to stalk it.. :) It's SO cute! And you're very fun to read. Your wedding picture is GORGEOUS. Also, I might need an editor in the near future so if you're up for hiring... I'll inquire!

    Now following your cute blog...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...